What God Does to Sinful Nations
The bible and history show that God will destroy the sinful nations that forget him. Psalm 9:17 says, “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.” Every nation will be judged in its proper time and America’s time has come. And since God has promised to warn you before it happens-- this is your warning! There is a time for everything and the time to repent is now before it is too late. The bible has many examples of people trying to repent after judgment and trouble began but God did not accept them because they did not repent when God called them to repentance. By not repenting at the proper time, you run the risk of not being accepted by God.
11. Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them. 14. Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up a cry or prayer for them: for I will not hear them in the time that they cry unto me for their trouble.
5. they refuse to return (repent)....no man repented him of his wickedness, saying, What have I done? every one turned to his course, as the horse rusheth into the battle. 7. Yea, the stork in the heaven knoweth her appointed times; and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but my people know not the judgment of the LORD.
God says the animals know when to do certain things but the people don’t know when it's time to repent.
States Compared to Babylon
Many have compared the United States to Babylon in the bible. Ancient Babylon and king Nebuchadnezzar were known for their violence and brutality. In comparison, Babylon spoken of in the New Testament is characterized by fornication, covetousness (abundance of delicacies) and pride. Babylon in Revelation 18 does not describe only one nation, but God is showing the judgment coming to any nation that behaves like this proverbial Babylon. America is not the only sinful nation in the world, but every nation will be judged in their proper time as God decides.
In verse 22 there is even a special mention of judgment on the music industry which has polluted the world.
22. And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee.
This means that God does not like most of the music played today. The book of Job must have been prophesying of present day music when it said of the wicked, “A dreadful sound is in his ears.”
20. The wicked man travaileth with pain all his days, and the number of years is hidden to the oppressor. 21. A dreadful sound is in his ears: in prosperity the destroyer shall come upon him. 22. He believeth not that he shall return out of darkness, and he is waited for of the sword. 23. He wandereth abroad for bread, saying, Where is it? he knoweth that the day of darkness is ready at his hand. 24. Trouble and anguish shall make him afraid; they shall prevail against him, as a king ready to the battle. 25. For he stretcheth out his hand against God, and strengtheneth himself against the Almighty.
This sounds like an awful way to live. God is
going to judge and destroy all the loud and rotten music that people love.
The Sins of America
Here is a
partial list of the sins of America that provokes God to bring judgment:
This land is stained with innocent blood of abortion and because no one repents, it cannot be cleansed.
The primary guilt is not with politicians or judges or abortion providers, but with the mother who hires someone to murder her child by abortion. Also everyone who agrees with, consents to, or otherwise does not oppose abortion bears part of the guilt. You must stand against and speak against abortion or you will bear part of the guilt. If you say it should be left to the mother to decide, then you favor abortion.
Fornication and Adultery
nation has gone crazy over sex. Even Christian ministries give an inordinate
amount of attention to sex and marriage. In Old Testament times adultery got the
death penalty, thus showing how God considers this a grievous sin. There are
countless scriptures that condemn all kinds of sexual impurity.
This is when you never have enough money. Covetous people sit around and talk about what they “need.” They make lists of things they want to buy. They imagine themselves winning the lottery. They always want the next gadget that comes along. When people have an income and still never have enough money, the root cause of their problem most often is covetousness. Covetous or greedy people are always in a financial bind. In Romans 1:29 the apostle Paul makes a list of sins and covetousness is right in among fornication and murder.
Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy murder, debate deceit, malignity; whisperers,
9. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
For from the least of them even unto the greatest of them every one is given to covetousness; and from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely.
15. Shalt thou reign, because thou closest thyself in cedar? did not thy father eat and drink, and do judgment and justice, and then it was well with him? 16. He judged the cause of the poor and needy; then it was well with him: was not this to know me? saith the LORD. 17. But thine eyes and thine heart are not but for thy covetousness, and for to shed innocent blood, and for oppression, and for violence, to do it.
Do you see in verse 17 above how
covetousness in mixed up with shedding innocent blood, oppression, and violence.
It is not a light thing to be covetous. The Bible says we should hate covetousness. (Exodus 18:21)
The Justice System
Liberal judges and lawyers have just about ruined America. When murderers are not put to death it adds to the innocent blood that cannot be cleansed except by God’s judgment. When anyone willfully or negligently causes the death of another person, true justice in the sight of God requires the death of the person to take away the innocent blood. Unless this is done, God remembers and keeps an account and one day will require it of the general population by judgment of war, drought, famine, pestilence, tornado, earthquake, etc.
Here are some scriptures that apply perfectly to America.
...Woe is me now! for my soul is wearied because of murderers.
...there is a multitude of slain, and a great number of carcases; and there is none end of their corpses; they stumble upon their corpses:
Just like the prophet Nahum said of ancient Nineveh, people in America are continually stumbling upon murder victims.
Simple Mathematics Shows How Much Innocent Blood America Will Have to Answer For.
Count up all the murder victims (solved and unsolved cases), drunk driver victims, cases of gross negligence by doctors and employers and others, then add in all the abortions. Then subtract the number of death penalty executions. The answer shows how much innocent blood has accumulated against the people of America. These things are never forgotten by God, and he will take vengeance against the nation that perverts justice. A nation is responsible before God to put to death murderers. Anything less than this is a perversion of justice and God will bring judgment for it.
It is still a sin according to the bible. Some people think this sin has evolved into "not sin." Stealing, lying, murder, adultery, robbery are all still sins. They have not evolved into "not sin." The bible teaches against all forms of sexual impurity.
It seems everyone will tell a lie if necessary. God promises to put any person who tells a lie in a lake of fire, Revelation 21:8. There is no excuse for telling lies--either with your tongue or in writing. You must not even establish a lie by your silence. If someone says something that somehow concerns you and you know their statement is inaccurate, you should speak up and attempt to set the record straight. You should also testify the truth of the gospel when you have opportunity. You should rather die than tell a lie, because the lake of fire is waiting for you if you tell lies.
There will certainly be judgment on all the dog and cat lovers who love animals more than people. The love of pets has reached the point of idolatry with many people.
Cut Off Man and Beast
God rules and reigns over his creation. He brings judgment to nations hoping they will see the error of their ways and repent. When the sin gets grievous with no repentance, then the judgments get progressively worse until God "cuts off man and beast." History shows that various nations have completely ceased to exist. Only pride could make you think it can't happen here.
13. Son of man, when the land (nation, people) sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it: 14. Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.
Notice how righteousness can deliver you in the time of judgment. If you think these principles of judgment are just an Old Testament thing, then please remember that the book of Revelation is a prophecy of the future where great judgments and destructions are planned against this sinful world. Ultimately this sinful world will be destroyed and replaced with a new world “wherin dwelleth righteousness.” If you are not righteous, then you will have no place in the new world.
Table of Contents